Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Edits, chocolate and mozzies

It seems that I thought that I had much more time on my hands to get nicely prepared for this workshop, and now that Monday the 20th is around the corner, I remain puzzled as to why I have not edited the photography that I would like to show, or done at the very least a rough selection of work for one of the projects that I am working on. Perhaps this will be one of the outcomes of the workshop. I am looking forward to teasing out some ideas, filling the questions with more questions, and thinking in a less isolated and less perochial manner. I will make a concerted effort to not make you all trawl through thousands of images and get a decent selection prepared before Monday. I was pleased that the one of projects that I am working on , of Eli Weinberg's lesser known, if not entirely unknown photographs is something that has been thought about by his surviving grandson, and I really hope that I will have a collaboration to speak about at the workshop. Well perhaps the rough edits are not ready but I do have other things thought through, like some bars of really nice chocolate packed to go. Wondering if there is too much wind on Robben Island for mozzies, and if this is a good time to give up smoking ( again !) Will there be loads of time to read, should I pack that tome that sits untouched at my bedside ?

2 comments:

The Facilitator said...

Please do not worry, there is only one presentation that you need to do - and it will be for about 15 minutes - the rest of the slot will be for discussion. In the later part of the workshop you will get to do some more talking, with a slightly different edge. See you Monday!

Storm

Sarie Potter said...

i am sure that the fear factor can only enhance the experience