Greetings to you all, and hope that 2007 is succesfull. My first post for the new year is the long promised bibliography which were not included in the reading packs. It does not conform to any standard format, so please pardon the flouting of the Harvard and other methods.
1. Luke, Timothy W. “Shows of Force: Power, Politics and Ideology in Art Exhibitions. Durham: Duke University Press, 1992
2. Coombes, Annie E. “Reinventing Africa: Museums, Material Culture, and Popular Imagination in Late Victorian and Edwardian England”. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1994.
3. “Thinking about exhibitions”. Edited by Reesa Greenberg, Bruce W. Ferguson, and Sandy Nairne. London: Routledge, 1996
4. Glusberg, Jorge. “Cool Museums and Hot Museums: Towards a Museological Criticism”; with original drawings by Luis Benedit. Buenos Aires: Centre of Art and Communication, 1980
5. “Museums & History in West Africa”. Edited by Claude Daniel Ardouin & Emmanuel Arinze. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, Oxford: James Curry, 2000.
6. “Words of Wisdom: a Curator's Vade Mecum on Contemporary Art”. Edited by Carin Kuoni. New York: Independent Curators International: Distributed worldwide by D.A.P./Distributed Art Publishers, 2001.
7. Thea, Carolee. “Foci: Interviews with Ten International Curators”. New York, N.Y.: Apex Art Curatorial Program, 2001.
8. Schubert, Karsten. The Curator's Egg: The Evolution of the Museum Concept from the French Revolution to the Present Day”. London: One-Off Press: Distributed by Christie's Books, 2000.
9. “Art Gallery Exhibiting: The Gallery as a Vehicle for Art”. [compilation, Paul Andriesse, Mariska van den Berg]. [Netherlands]: Paul Andriesse/Uitgeverij De Balie, 1996.
10. “What do you expect from an art institution in the 21st century?” Directeurs de publication, Jerome Sans et Marc Sanchez; edition prיparיe par Vincent Honorי; textes rיunis par Eric Binnert ... et al.] 3. ed. Paris: Palais de Tokyo, site de crיation contemporaine, 2003.
11. O’Doherty, Brian (ed.). “Museums in Crisis”. New York, George Braziller, 1972.
12. Cook, Sarah; Graham, Beryl; Martin, Sarah (ed.). “Curating New Media: Third BALTIC International Seminar”. United Kingdom, Baltic Crumb, 2001.
13. O’Doherty, Brian. “Inside the White Cube: The Ideology of the Gallery Space”. Santa Monica, The Lapis Press, 1986.
14. Staniszewski, Mary Anne. “The Power of Display: A History of Exhibition Installation at the Museum of Modern Art”. Massachusets, MIT Press. 2001.